Although we have a mix of volunteer members and paid staff, we rely heavily on our volunteers to provide 24/7/365 EMS coverage to the Town of Vestal.
Benefits of Volunteering
- Free uniform
- Free training
- Incentive program
- Community service
- Attend squad events
- Anyone interested in joining as a volunteer member should complete an application
- You may also ride on the ambulance as an Observer before starting the new member application process to get a feel for what we do. Please download an observer application.
- Previous training is not required. Accepted applicants will be trained as required for intended position. A mandatory physical and drivers license check are completed on each prospective applicant.
- Once accepted, Crew members are required to complete a minimum of 4 hours a week. Shifts are to be completed in a 4-hour time frame minimum.
- For more information or questions about volunteer membership, contact Membership Coordinator Kristen Fiacco at 607-748-6618.
- Drivers drive the ambulance and assist the crew with loading & unloading the patient, basic patient care (under instruction of the Medic or Crew Chief), and restocking the ambulance.
- EMT Crew Chief
- Crew Chiefs are certified NYS EMT’s who provide BLS (basic life support) pre-hospital medical care to patients. Crew Chiefs act as the provider in charge on BLS calls.
Vestal Volunteer Emergency Squad (VVES) is looking for a qualified AEMT-Critical Cares or Paramedics to work on a Full-Time basis (48 hour work week with built-in overtime), or Part-Time (rotating schedule).
- $24/hour ($65,000/year) Paramedic
- $21/hour ($57,000/year) AEMT-CC
Anticipated increase in pay January 2023.
- Competitive wages
- Medical and Dental (single coverage 100% / family coverage 75%)
- Overtime opportunities/on-call medic
- Yearly pant/boot allowances
- Paid Time Off, Holiday Differential
- In-house continuing education
- Tuition Reimbursement (Paramedic certification)
- 403(b) Retirement Plan (employer-sponsored)
- Certification incentives
- Longevity Pay
Interested individuals must meet the following requirements:
- Possess a current New York State Drivers License that is unrestricted and meets the requirements of the agency’s insurance carrier.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment screening which includes a background/reference check and pre-employment physical.
- Be currently certified at either the Critical Care or Paramedic level by NYSDOH-BEMSATS with no disciplinary actions pending.
- Be currently credentialed by the Susquehanna Regional EMS Council (SREMS) to provide care in the region.
- Posses a current CPR card at the Professional Rescuer level and be currently certified, or able to obtain certification, in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS). All must be through either AHA or ASHI.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Todd Allis, Assistant Chief of Operations
VVES is committed to providing an equal opportunity to all qualified individuals who are seeking and maintaining employment. VVES follows all Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or other legally protected class or status, in regards to all employees.